Seasonal Events Associate
About Queens County Farm Museum
Queens County Farm Museum (QCFM) is one of the longest continually farmed sites in New York State, with over 325 years of continuous farming. It is a NYC Landmark and on the National Register of Historic Places. Since the inception of the museum in 1975, Queens Farm has built a robust public event schedule. The Seasonal Events Associate is an important team member connecting Queens Farm’s public programming to the visitor experience. We host over 50 programming days for the public throughout the year. Queens Farm’s public events connect visitors to over three centuries of farming as New York City grew around the historic 47-acre site. The Seasonal Events Associate plays a key part in creating a memorable experience for our visitors.
Job Type: Part-time
Assist with all aspects of Queens Farms events:
- Program set-up and breakdown
- Visitor services
- Ticket scanning
- Event parking facilitation
- Retail sales
- General maintenance of facilities and grounds
- Uphold event policies and provide visitors with accurate information regarding ticketing issues
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the management team
- Self-motivated, reliable, and attentive to detail
- Strong time management & interpersonal skills
- Comfortable interfacing with the public
- Ability to stand on feet for eight hours, as needed
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays when public events are scheduled
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors, rain or shine
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with diverse populations
- Works well in a fast-pace team environment
- Experience working at special events a plus
2023 Event Schedule:
- Barnyard Egg Hunt: Sat, April 1 & 8
- Bee A Pollinator Earth Day Service Day: Sat, April 22
- Apple Blossom Children’s Carnival: Sat & Sun, April 22–23, April 28–April 30
- Sheep Shearing Festival: Sat, May 13
- 44th Annual Thunderbird American Indian Powwow: Fri–Sun, July 28–30
- 40th Annual Queens County Fair: Fri–Sun, Sept 8–10
- Amazing Maize Maze: Fri–Sun, Sept 15–Oct 28
- Harvest Weekends: Sat & Sun, Oct 1–28
- Maze by Moonlight: Evenings, Oct 7, 14, 21, & 27
- Pumpkin Patch: Daily, Oct 1–28; 30–31
- Halloween on the Farm: Sun, Oct 29
- Harvest Dance Celebration: Sun, Nov 12
- The Gift of the Magi: Sat, Dec 16
Hours & Compensation:
Part-time, based on event schedule needs. Nights, weekends, and holidays required during special events. Compensation starts at $16.00/hour.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume with a description of why you want to join the Queens Farm team to: email@example.com (Subject line: “Seasonal Events Associate”).
Applications will be accepted until the position is closed.
Queens County Farm Museum (QCFM) supports diversity in the workplace. QCFM is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (EOE) and supports a drug-free workplace.