The Queens County Farm Museum is a New York City Landmark, on the National Register of Historic Places and a member of the Historic House Trust of New York City.
Queens County Farm Museum dates back to 1697 and occupies New York City’s largest remaining tract of undisturbed farmland. The farm encompasses a 47-acre parcel that is one of the longest continuously farmed sites in New York State. The site includes historic farm buildings, a greenhouse complex, livestock, farm vehicles and implements, planting fields, an orchard, and an herb garden.
The farm is owned by the New York City Department of Parks and is operated by the Colonial Farmhouse Restoration Society of Bellerose, Inc. Queens Farm’s programs are supported in part by public funds from the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the New York City Council. Additional support is provided by New York City Council Queens Delegation, Council Member Barry S. Grodenchik, Council Member Robert Holden, Council Member Peter Koo, and Council Member Francisco Moya. NYC Department of Youth and Community Development, and New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets.
- Jennifer Walden Weprin, Executive Director
- Ali Abate, Director of Education
- Laila Lamniji, Financial Manager
- Anne Mastrogiacomo, Director of Agriculture
- Sarah Meyer, Director of Communications
- Tasha Naula, External Affairs Coordinator
The latest audited Annual Report
990 Tax Return
The mission of the Queens County Farm Museum is to preserve, restore, and interpret the site, its history and owner’s lifestyles. Through educational programs, events, and museum services, we educate the public as to the significance of Queens County’s agricultural and horticultural past and heighten awareness of present-day sustainable agricultural and horticultural practices.