About the Farm
Join Our Team!
Queens Farm is currently looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals to join our team for the 2017 season:
The Queens County Farm Museum dates back to 1697 and occupies New York City's largest remaining tract of undisturbed farmland. The farm encompasses a 47-acre parcel that is the longest continuously farmed site in New York State. The site includes historic farm buildings, a greenhouse complex, livestock, farm vehicles and implements, planting fields, an orchard, and an herb garden.
Our farm animals and tranquil agrarian environment provide the opportunity to leave the hectic daily pace behind for an enjoyable visit to a farm without leaving the city.
Our grounds are open seven days a week, year-round from 10 am to 5 pm. Visit our Welcome Center to purchase goat feed, or go for a stroll around the farm to see our fields, livestock, and farm implements. On Saturdays and Sundays we offer guided tours of the historic Adriance Farmhouse and seasonal hayrides (from April through October, weather permitting).
General admission is free, except during public events.* Group visits by schools and organizations require advance reservations and admission fees apply.
The farm is owned by the New York City Department of Parks, operated by the Colonial Farmhouse Restoration Society of Bellerose, Inc. and is a member of the Historic House Trust of New York City.
*Click here for our listing of paid admission dates.
The mission of the Queens County Farm Museum is to preserve, restore, and interpret the site, its history and owner's lifestyles. Through educational programs, events, and museum services, we educate the public as to the significance of Queens County's agricultural and horticultural past and heighten awareness of present-day sustainable agricultural and horticultural practices.