Seasonal Events Staff, Fall 2021
About Queens County Farm Museum
Queens County Farm Museum (QCFM) is one of the longest continually farmed sites in New York State. It is a NYC Landmark and on the National Register of Historic Places. Since the inception of the museum in 1975, Queens Farm has built a robust special event schedule; this fall, the organization presents a range of farm-fresh entertainment for families as they social distance outdoors on farm grounds. Queens County Farm Museum is located at 73-50 Little Neck Parkway, Floral Park, NY 11004.
QCFM seeks enthusiastic Seasonal Events staff to join its team. Team members will support the farm’s special event admission days with unique, seasonal activities that sustain the farm.
2021 Fall Special Event Schedule:
- 38th Annual Queens County Fair: Fri – Sun, Sept 10 – 12
- Amazing Maize Maze: Fri-Sun Sept 10 – Oct 30
- Harvest Weekends: Sat & Sun, Oct 2 – 30
- Maze by Moonlight: Evenings, Oct 2, 23, 28
- Pumpkin Patch: daily, Oct 1 – 30
- Halloween on the Farm: Sun, Oct 31
- Autumn Dance Celebration: Sat & Sun, Nov 13-14
Responsibilities (Note: Tasks may vary according to season and event needs)
- Assist with all aspects of event preparation and execution including set-up, event support, retail and/or visitor services
- Ticket scanning
- Event parking facilitation
- General maintenance and cleaning of facilities and grounds
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the management team
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Self-motivated, punctual, strong time management & interpersonal skills
- Comfortable interfacing with the public
- Ability to stand on feet for 8 hours
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays when required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team
- Experience working at special events a plus
The farm’s Covid-19 guidelines are posted at queensfarm.org. As per CDC & NYS guidelines, face coverings & social distancing are required for unvaccinated individuals unless otherwise posted at Queens Farm.
Hours & Compensation
Part-time, based on event schedule needs. Nights, weekends, and holidays required during special events. $15.00/hour.
Please send a resume and cover letter with a brief description of why you want to join the Queens Farm team to: email@example.com (Subject line: “Seasonal Event Staff”).
Applications will be accepted until the position is closed.
Queens County Farm Museum (QCFM) supports diversity in the workplace. QCFM is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (EOE) and supports a drug-free workplace.