Queens County Farm Museum is one of the longest continually farmed sites in New York State. It is located at 73-50 Little Neck Parkway, Floral Park, NY 11004. The 47-acre historic farm includes nine buildings and structures. Public events produced by Queens Farm include the iconic Amazing Maize Maze, Queens County Fair and Sheep Shearing Festival. Queens Farm welcomes over 400,000 visitors each year.
Part-time & Full-time Maintenance Crew
Queens Farm seeks to expand its Maintenance Crew to care for the historic site and support public programs. Crew members report to the Director of Grounds & Operations to maintain the farm’s buildings, structures and grounds, produce special events and support activation of the historic site for the public.
- General maintenance and cleaning of facilities and grounds
- Support farm’s Agriculture Department
- Operate farm utility vehicles
- Event set up and break down
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to lift and move materials up to 50 lbs.
- Operate, clean and maintain power tools in a safe manner
- Perform physical tasks as needed for building and equipment maintenance.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Participate in safety training as needed.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Some travel, evening and weekend work
- Ability to operate farm equipment and machinery desired
- Experience driving tractors and zero-turn mowers, preferred
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff and visitors in high-volume setting required
- Self-motivated, punctual, & strong time management skills
- Knowledge of tree care and landscaping a plus
Hours & Compensation
Part-time & full-time, Hourly/Non-exempt; Starting at $16/hour
Weekends and Holidays scheduled as needed
Please send a cover letter explaining why you want to join the Queens Farm team along with a resume to Director of Grounds & Operations, Ed Vilar: firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Queens County Farm Museum (QCFM) supports diversity in the workplace. QCFM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (EOE) and supports a drug-free workplace