Fall Events Associate
Are you ready to embark on a thrilling autumn opportunity that promises to bring the magic of the season to life? Look no further! The Queens County Farm Museum is thrilled to announce multiple Fall Events Associate openings that will immerse you in the heartwarming spirit of fall. As the leaves begin to change and the air becomes crisp, we are on the lookout for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join a dynamic team for our highly anticipated fall events, including the iconic Pumpkin Patch, captivating hayrides, irresistible apple cider and donut sales, the sprawling 3-acre corn maze, and a spook-tacular Halloween on the Farm celebration, and more.
If you’re a lover of all things autumn, have a passion for creating unforgettable experiences, and thrive in a vibrant and fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. As a member of our Fall Events team, you’ll have the unique chance to help transform this historic farm into a seasonal wonderland that brings festive fun to visitors of all ages. We don’t just celebrate fall; we celebrate the magic of community, the thrill of adventure, and the joy of shared experiences. Your customer service expertise will help create family memories for years to come.
About Queens County Farm Museum
Queens County Farm Museum (QCFM) is one of the longest continually farmed sites in New York State, with over 325 years of continuous farming. It is a NYC Landmark and on the National Register of Historic Places. Since the inception of the museum in 1975, Queens Farm has built a robust public event schedule. The Fall Events Associate is an important team member connecting Queens Farm’s public programming to the visitor experience. We host over 50 programming days for the public throughout the year. Queens Farm’s public events connect visitors to over three centuries of farming as New York City grew around the historic 47-acre site.
Job Type: Part-time
Assist with all aspects of Queens Farms events:
- Program set-up and breakdown
- Visitor services
- Ticket scanning
- Event parking facilitation
- Retail sales
- General maintenance of facilities and grounds
- Uphold event policies and provide visitors with accurate information regarding ticketing
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the management team
- Self-motivated, reliable, and attentive to detail
- Strong time management & interpersonal skills
- Comfort and professionalism when interfacing with the public
- Ability to stand on feet for eight hours, as needed
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays when public events are scheduled
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors, rain or shine
- Demonstrated ability to effectively support diverse populations
- Works well in a fast-pace team environment
- Experience working at special events a plus
Fall 2023 Event Schedule:
- 40th Annual Queens County Fair: Fri–Sun, Sept 8–10
- Amazing Maize Maze: Fri–Sun, Sept 15–Oct 28
- Harvest Weekends: Sat & Sun, Oct 1–28
- Maze by Moonlight: Evenings, Oct 7, 14, 21, & 27
- Pumpkin Patch: Daily, Oct 1–28; 30–31
- Halloween on the Farm: Sun, Oct 29
- Harvest Dance Celebration: Sun, Nov 12
Hours & Compensation:
Part-time, based on event schedule needs. Nights, weekends, and holidays required during special events. Compensation starts at $16.00/hour.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume with a description of why you want to join the Queens Farm team to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: “Fall Events Associate”).
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Queens County Farm Museum (QCFM) supports diversity in the workplace. QCFM is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (EOE) and supports a drug-free workplace.